Saturday, June 7, 2008

well, it's official....

i was sworn in two days ago. booyah!!! i have to admit, up until thursday i expected to receive a call any minute from the committee of bar examiners telling me they made a mistake and i in fact did NOT pass. the good news.....the call never came. now i've been sworn in, there's no way they can take it back! man, did i fool them!!

the ceremony was nice. since i went to law school here in san diego, my school had a breakfast for us new admittees before the ceremony. it was cool to see other people from my school who had passed, although i was surprised at the small number of new admittees from my school. i only saw 10 of us (its very possible there were a few i missed) out of about 35 of us who took the exam. i do know 2 people for sure who were unable to attend the ceremony, so perhaps there were many more. i hope so, i'd like to see my school's bar passage rate increase.

unfortunately my family and friends couldn't come to the ceremony since none of my family lives here and all of my friends (who were not being admitted) had to work. but, i did make friends with the guy sitting next to me...i made him take a goofy picture of me taking the oath and did the same for him. taking the oath was kind of fun...raising my right hand and swearing to defend the constitution made this all seem real, finally! now i'm a cool lawyer, like this guy....



it's a great feeling that this is finally all over with. i feel very fortunate to have passed the exam on my first try...i can't imagine doing that all over again, and really do have a lot of respect for people who take it more than once.

congratulations to all the other new admittees, and good luck to everyone preparing for the july exam! i'll try and post this week about what i did to prepare for the exam, in case anyone's looking for some tips. and, feel free to send me an email you may have with any questions about studying!

out.
- L

No comments: